Yoko In DC! Yoko On TV! Yoko On The Radio!
Hi friends. Lots of cool stuff is happening as we approach the end of March and the start of April. Let’s get into it:
- Friday, March 29, 7-10 pm: Yoko Miwa Trio at The Mad Monkfish
- Friday, March 29, 10:15 pm: Live interview with Yoko on WPFW’s “The Continuum” (stream it here)
- Saturday, March 30, 8-11:30 pm: Yoko Miwa Trio at Les Zygomates
- Monday, April 1, 8 pm (tickets) & 10 pm (tickets): Yoko Miwa Trio at Blues Alley in Washington DC
- Wednesday, April 3, 3 pm: Eric in the Afternoon live from the Boston Public Library featuring author Richard Vacca, Elynor Walcott from Wally’s Cafe, and a live performance by Yoko!
We also just learned that the Emmy-nominated hosts of 202Xtra will be filming Yoko’s show at Blues Alley and interviewing her! We’re very excited!
Go Yoko! Go Yoko! Go Yoko!
Thank you John 🙂
Thanks for the great performance at Blues Alley. I want to know the title name of the Erroll Garners bluesy tune if you can, which you guys played on real down to earth feel.
Hi Akiyo san, you are welcome! Thank you so much for making it to the show and for the kind words. That was Erroll Garner’s song titled “Down Wylie Avenue”. I think you will like his version. 🙂
Appreciated. I didn’t listen Garner music much. Hope to back TO DC soon. You have good supporting jazz players.
Thank you! Hope to see you again in DC or Boston. <3