More Gigs, More Great Press For The Yoko Miwa Trio
There’s so much happening these days! Here are some of the highlights:
- Sunday, September 15: The Yoko Miwa Trio at the Tisbury Water Works on Martha’s Vineyard, presented by Pathways. The show runs from 4 to 7 pm. Music starts at 4:30 pm. Free, reception follows. Indoor seating is limited. Event will be live-streamed on the Pathways outdoor screen. Chairs will be provided, but feel free to bring your own. No reservations required. Find more Information at pathwaysmv.org. And check out this wonderful article in the Martha’s Vineyard Times.
- There’s a new profile piece about Yoko by Bill Copeland.
- Other upcoming gigs (details here):
- 9/13, 7 & 8:45 pm, The Mad Monkfish
- 9/20, 7 & 8:45 pm, The Mad Monkfish
- 9/21, 7 pm, Les Zygomates
- 9/27, 7 & 8:45 pm, The Mad Monkfish
- 9/28, 7 pm, Les Zygomates
- 9/29, 5 pm, Eddie V’s
- 11/1, 8 pm, Scullers Jazz Clib (tickets)
” Sometimes, I can write the whole thing really quick, zoom, zoom, zoom, and bop,”
Yoko, I took this quote from you from the Bill Copeland profile piece above. You just came up with the next title of a new single or CD which would be “Zoom, Zoom, Zoom, and Bop.” Make it an entire CD of real up tempo, fast paced, toe tapping numbers or just make one single like that. It should be a cross between Bill Evans, Mingus, TS Monk, and Dave Brubeck. ‘Zoom, Zoom, Zoom, and Bop by Yoko Miwa.” That’s a real 1960’s album if I ever heard one from the glory days of jazz.
Hi John, That’s a cool idea ? You’ll never know maybe I could write an entire album Zoom Zoom Zoom and Bop! ?